Tuesday, February 27, 2007




Wow, that was fast! He was quite biddable. These are felted slippers from Knitty.com in Nashua Handknits Painted Forest colourway. They are knit as humonguous socks and then felted to fit. There were some felting issues which ended up bring the first set of slippers (in Lamb's Pride) to my youngest child. LOL! and another mistake with yarn that led to one slipper being cut up and stuffed for use as a dog toy.
The hat is from Sally Melville's Purl book and the scarf uses Cat Bordhi's techniques. The yarn is a marvelous bulky extremely soft wool that I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool festival last year. It was hideously expensive but I bought two skeins because it was exactly the right mixture of blue and grey that I knew my husband would love. I have made him moebius scarves from 3 different yarns (two of which he chose) which were not satisfactory and this scarf was reknit three times to get the correct fabric, length, and width. The scarf used just over one skein, the hat took less than one skein, and I have a hefty (though low yardage) ball of yarn left over.




No comments: