Sunday, June 13, 2004

Love and marriage? LOL! You thought I forgot love. No, I just ran out of time. Love alone is not enough for marriage. Yes, love overcomes many blockages in a good marriage but love by itself is not reason to enter into a lifetime contract of marriage...even if you know 25% of marriages end in divorce (It's probably much higher than that but I'm not looking for statistical accuracy but instead the general odds).

I've loved many people in my life, some as deeply as the man I married. And the love didn't always fade although sometimes it changed with time and growth. I still love those men and women but they were not for me to marry. It wasn't until several of the things I've talked about came together.

So, 'love and marriage' go together but so do 'love and non-marriage' and 'respect and marriage'.

No comments: