Friday, June 11, 2004

You may have noticed the booklist to the right and the proliferation of Dick Francis books recently. I enjoy Dick Francis' books. He writes mysteries that generally are about characters in the British racing system. The books are very easy to read; most of them can be read in 2-3 hours. I have all his books in either hard or softback and I reread them all every year usually on lazy summer days at the pool or winter snow days when I can read 2 in an afternoon.

Monday is Payday and I have spending money left from last time! Today I took $100 and went to the bookstore. I came out with $3.69. It was terribly easy and I could have spent triple that amount if I had the money. I rationalize that the DVD is for the family and that my children will read some of the books and that I will send "Dead to the World" to a friend as soon as I'm done with it. Yeah, that makes me feel better.

My booty:

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold If only I had known it was available as an ebook! (sigh)
Tthe house of the scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Queen's Own Fool by Jane Yolen
Tithe by Holly Black
Zazoo by Richard Mosher

and last but not least even if it isn't a book...

Tokyo Godfathers

No comments: